Spring allergies are such a drag. Fortunately nature has provided us with some key herbs that can help relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies (hay fever) by acting as natural antihistamines and have anti-inflammatory properties. This oolong tea blend contains ingredients shown to reduce symptoms of seasonal allergies naturally without any drugs or anything artificial.
Size: 70g tin
Ingredients: orange peel, nettle leaf, tie guan yin oolong tea, turmeric, ginkgo biloba, pineapple, milk thistle seed, red clover
*Do not drink this tea blend if you have allergies to any of the ingredients in it.
- Orange peel contains a compound called hesperidin that prevents the release of histamine in the body, which is why it helps with symptoms of seasonal allergies such as sneezing and runny nose. They are anti-inflammatory, contain lots of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, improve digestion, strengthen the immune system, and whiten teeth and reduce sensitivity.
- Nettle leaf has anti-inflammatory qualities that affect a number of key receptors and enzymes in allergic reactions, preventing allergy symptoms if taken when they first appear. The leaves of the plant contain histamine, which may seem counterproductive in allergy treatment, but there is history of using histamines to treat severe allergic reactions. This herb is also a good decongestant which is used to ease nasal blockage. It is also good for curing chest congestion and preventing excessive fluid from building up in the eyes as well as runny noses characteristic of hay fever.
- Tie Guan Yin Oolong tea contains quercetin, which has been studied for its ability to reduce the symptoms of allergies. It has been shown to inhibit leukotrienes, mast cells, and the release of histamine, which makes it a good candidate for anti-allergy therapy.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with anti-inflammatory properties that inhibits the release of histamine, inhibits allergic response and decreases oxidative stress. Curcumin has also been shown to increase nasal airflow and support the immune response in people with allergies.
- Ginkgo biloba has powerful anti-inflammatory compounds and naturally contains seven antihistamines, which make it a natural and effective way to get relief from the symptoms of allergies. Ginkgo also has compounds called ginkgolides, which have been shown in studies to be quite effective in relieving allergies, asthma attacks, and other lung problems. Ginkgolides relieve inflammation by killing free radicals and allow more oxygen into the lungs so those who suffer from asthma and allergies are able to breathe more easily.
- Pineapple is the best source of bromelain, an enzyme that has anti-inflammatory effects and can reduce nasal swelling, making it easier to breathe. Studies also show it inhibits the development of allergic airway diseases and asthma.
- Milk thistle contains silymarin or silibinin, which inhibits the release of histamine, thereby preventing allergic reactions. Milk thistle is said to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-viral properties.